After a 3-minute pitch, all ten finalists leave with grants
Hundreds of attendees gathered at the St. Elizabeth Training and Education Center in Erlanger on Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 to support and celebrate the work of ten nonprofits serving communities in Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Northern Kentucky.
The nonprofits each took the stage for just three minutes each to describe their work and the scope of the project they sought to fund.
In the end, all ten nonprofits walked out with grant funding from the five partners collaborating for the 2018 NKY Funders’ Grants, which is an ongoing program that convenes foundations and funders around mini-grant competitions for nonprofits that serve Northern Kentucky.
NKY Funders’ Grants partners selected a first-place winner in each category to receive $6,000, and a second-place winner to receive $3,000. A popular vote taken at the event determined an additional $5,000 award for one of the ten finalists.
First and second place winners in each category:
• Arts: first place, Baker Hunt Art & Cultural Center; second place, Vent Haven Museum
• Children & Youth: first place, Salvation Army in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky; second place, Children’s Law Center
• Economic Opportunity: first place, Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky; second place, Life Learning Center/Legal Aid of the Bluegrass collaboration
• Education: first place, Adopt A Class; second place, UpSpring
• Health: first place, Vivian’s Victory; second place, Emergency Shelter of Northern Kentucky
The $5,000 popular vote prize was awarded to Emergency Shelter of Northern Kentucky.
The NKY Funders’ Grants program looks forward to continuing its flexible model that allows additional funders and focus areas to be incorporated, in support of the nonprofit organizations that serve Northern Kentucky.
The Butler Foundation, The Charles H. Dater Foundation, The R.C. Durr Foundation, Horizon Community Funds of Northern Kentucky, and The Elsa Heisel Sule Foundation joined forces in 2018 to launch the program. Interested foundations and funders can get more information about getting involved by contacting Nancy Grayson at email@example.com.